November is a busy month in the transportation industry. Trucking companies around the country feel the impact of retail season and the impending holidays.
As a company with freight to move and a budget to manage, you must understand how November changes things in your neck of the woods and around the nation. Reefer capacity, for example, tends to tighten during Q4, disrupting the companies that use them (particularly in the Northwest). Oversize freight, on the other hand, can be trickier to move as daylight shrinks across North America.
In this episode of Beyond The Road, Josh discusses everything you need to consider when shipping your freight in November, including how rates will change and how you can stay on top of things this year. Hint: try not to ship freight the week of Thanksgiving.
Topics covered in this podcast:
- Enclosed Trailer Capacity in November 2023
- Open-Deck Capacity in November
- Oversize Travel in Q4 of 2023
- Retail Season 2023: What to Expect
- How Thanksgiving 2023 Will Impact Trucking
- Tips for Finishing 2023 Strong as a Shipper
Related Content and Information:
- The Trucking Industry in November 2023: What You Should Know
- 2023 Transportation Industry Mid-Year Update
- Retail Peak Season 2023: What to Expect and Planning Tips