January, like every other month, brings challenges to U.S. supply chains. Throughout the first month of the year, many of these issues are tied to the changing weather in the northern United States and a downturn in eCommerce activities across the board.
As a shipper, there are several keys to successfully moving goods in January. Let's make sure your freight get's where it needs to go in one piece.
Topics covered in this episode:
- A Note About Shipping Freight During Winter
- Shipping Out of the Pacific Northwest in January
- Buy Season For Open Deck Freight
- What to Expect When Shipping North
- Shipping Around the South/Southeast During January
- What Will Capacity Look Like to Start the Month?
- How to Navigate Winter Weather's Presence Throughout January
Check out this related content:
- The Trucking Industry in January 2023: What You Should Know
- How Does Winter Weather Impact the Trucking Industry?
- 5 Tactics for Avoiding Transportation Delays This Winter