In our first episode of season two, ATS' Corporate Pricing Manager, Reid joins the podcast to discuss freight pricing.
The past few years have been an interesting time for trucking companies; freight rates surged to all-time highs in 2021, only to fall substantially in late 2022 and into 2023.
Where does a freight rate swing like this come from? And, perhaps more importantly, what can companies like yours do to ensure success as we head into 2024?
In this episode of Beyond the Road, you'll gain Reid's insight into what's been happening in U.S. freight markets over the last three years, why this occurs and what to expect in the year ahead. Is it time to lock in contracts with your carriers? Let's find out.
Topics covered in this article:
- What's Been Happening in the Freight Market in 2023
- Dry Van Pricing in 2023
- Open Deck Pricing in 2023
- Heavy Haul Pricing in 2023
- Contract and Spot Rate Spread
- What Trucking Companies Consider When Quoting Freight
- Will Freight Rates Rebound?
- Current State of Fuel Surcharges
- What will 2024 Look Like For Rates?
- Retail Season Update 2023
Don't Stop Here! Check out some of this related content and information: