In a global society like ours, where supply chains, economies and business activities are intimately connected between nations, world events indiscriminately affect everyone.
This rule applies, perhaps most impactfully, to international freight movement which can quickly be disrupted in the wake of major events.
And, when things out of our control like inter-country conflicts, global pandemics, international labor shortages and natural disasters occur, it's important that you understand what to reasonably expect for your cargo and from your provider(s).
In this video, Carl will outline how international events impact freight movement on a global scale and give you some insights into what you can anticipate when they, inevitably, do.
- 0:00 Global Supply Chain Disruption introduction
- 0:43 Carl with Anderson Trucking Service
- 0:56 How do supply chain disruptions affect you?
- 1:20 How do supply chain disruptions affect your freight?
- 1:56 What happens if my freight is discharged?
- 2:10 What happens if my freight is re-routed?
- 2:55 Global shipping facts
- 3:09 Port of Los Angeles and Long Beach
- 3:34 Suez Canal block in 2021
- 3:48 Global supply chain disruptions summary
- 4:18 Free resources
Learn more about the intricacies of international transportation with these resources: