Often, the final rate you pay to move your freight is dependent on how appealing your freight is in the eyes of trucking companies and their drivers. Truckers are a group of essential workers that need to take intricate care of how their time is spent — as they're constantly battling against a fleeting hours-of-service clock.
For this reason, loads with certain qualities deter truckers from servicing them, driving up the price shippers pay as a result.
You'll want to avoid this where you can.
In this video, Tony will help you do just that by outlining eight things you can do, starting right now, to make your freight more attractive in the eyes of truckers.
- 0:00 What will I learn in this video?
- 0:55 Tactic 1: Efficient Loading Times
- 2:21 Tactic 2: Clear Directions For Drivers To Follow
- 3:27 Tactic 3: Accurate and Detailed Freight Specifications
- 3:47 Tactic 4: Reduce the Weight of Your FTL Shipments
- 4:11 Tactic 5: Offer Overnight Parking
- 4:35 Tactic 6: Offer Driver-Friendly Amenities
- 4:58 Tactic 7: Brand Recognition and Reputation
- 5:34 Tactic 8: Prioritize Great Driver Experience
Read the article: Reduce Your Freight Costs By Doing These 8 Things Truckers Enjoy
Check out more great content: