December, the final month of 2023, is an interesting time for transportation companies; truck drivers head home for the holidays, freight volumes increase in the retail sector, open-deck shipments slow down and daylight hours shrink.
For shippers, December is the final month to move freight before the brand-new year. That said, with so many changes happening within area trucking markets, it can be difficult to do so.
In this episode of Beyond the Road, you'll hear from ATS Logistics Sales Team Manager, Josh, who will provide an overview of what you can expect to experience in December.
Information covered in this episode:
- Daylight: A Major Factor for OD Freight
- The Impact of Christmas on Freight Capacity
- Open-Deck Capacity in December
- Tips For Shipping Around the Holidays
- Retail Freight Market Update
- 2024 Market Forecast
While you're here, check out some of this related content: