As May ramps up, the transportation marketplace continues to change. This is seen most prevalently in the southern U.S. where produce markets start to soak up capacity. With this realization, truck drivers from around the nation flock to these areas and the heightened earning potential they offer.
Construction season also picks up in May, tightening open-deck capacity across the board. This makes providing ample lead time to your carriers more important than ever.
It's safe to say May will be an interesting month as it always is. In fact, if you don't plan for DOT blitz week, your business could run into some prolonged issues. In this episode of Beyond The Road, Josh discusses everything you need to know about the trucking industry during May, offering some planning tips for companies like yours to use during the final month of spring.
Topics Covered in this Video:
- Dry Van Market Changes in May
- Open-Deck Market Changes in May
- Overall Cargo Volume Update
- Frost Law Update
- DOT Blitz Week 2023
- Memorial Day: How to Plan for It
- Tips for Logistics Managers
Check out these pieces of related content:
- The Trucking Industry in May 2023: What You Should Know
- DOT Week 2023: What You Should Know About Blitz Week This May
- What You Need to Know About Seasonal Load Restrictions This Spring