Your supply chain is only as good as its weakest link. Unfortunately, this title is sometimes held by the transportation providers you utilize — companies you rely on to help you deliver for customers.
Without a well-rounded network of carriers, meeting your business goals will be a constant struggle. Which raises the question: Why is it so difficult to maintain a network of reliable companies?
Perhaps most importantly though, what key performance indicators should you monitor each provider on to ensure the overall health of your logistics supply chain?
In this episode of Beyond The Road, let’s talk to Derik, a Sales Director with ATS Logistics for some insight into which transportation KPIs truly matter and what, if anything, you can do to improve your company’s partnerships going forward.
Information covered in this podcast:
- Which KPIs Truly Matter?
- How Should You Think About On-Time Performance Monitoring?
- What is Tender Acceptance and Rejection? Why Does This Metric Matter?
- Why Does Spot Quote Accuracy Matter? How Should You Measure it?
- What Does Invoice Accuracy Say About Your= Carrier?
- What Intangible KPIs Matter?
- When Does it Make Sense To Cut a Provider Loose?