The business of freight brokerage can sometimes feel confusing. How do freight brokers make money and find carriers? Don't they typically price gouge their customers in the hopes of turning a profit at their expense? Should you be leery of trusting a broker with your shipments?
These, and questions like these, commonly pop to the top of shippers' minds when they think of working with a freight broker.
But what's true and what's not?
In this video, Crystal and Eli will debunk the 8 most common freight brokerage misconceptions and leave you with some tools to help you better understand the interworkings of these transportation providers.
- 0:00 What will I learn in this video?
- 0:52 Myth #1: Freight Brokers Try to Increase Their Margin
- 2:25 Myth #2: You Won't Get Quality Carriers With a Broker
- 3:49 Myth #3: Freight Brokers Can't Hold Carriers Accountable
- 5:11 Myth #4: It Costs More to Work With a Brokerage
- 6:17 Myth #5: Brokers Won't Stand By Their Quoted Rates
- 8:41 Myth #6: Brokers Respond Slowly When Things Go Wrong
- 10:08 Myth #7: Freight Brokers Can't Offer Load-Tracking Capabilities
- 12:06 Myth #8: Freight Brokers Can't Find Capacity Efficiently
Learn More About Freight Brokerage: