February is kind of a slow month in the transportation industry. There's generally a drop off in the volume of freight moving around the U.S.
As a result, you may see freight rates fall in the coming weeks. This makes February a great month to test your carrier relationships and develop systems for optimizing your processes.
In this episode of Beyond The Road, Josh joins us to shed some light on how the second month of the year typically goes and to provide some tips for shippers (like you).
Topics Covered in this episode:
- An Overview of Trucking in February
- What will rates do in February?
- What to Prioritize in February?
- What Capacity Trends Will We See in February?
- How to Make Your Freight Appealing to Drivers in February
- Additional Freight Trends in February
- Tips for Planning For/Avoiding Winter Weather Disruptions
- The Trucking Industry in February 2023: What You Should Know
- How Low Can Freight Rates Realistically Go? (6 Factors That Set the Floor on Rates)
- 5 Tactics for Avoiding Transportation Delays This Winter