In April, the trucking industry experiences changes on a massive scale. The regional, area and local demand for transportation capacity shifts across the southern U.S. significantly. Similarly, construction projects and tradeshows soak up a lot of open-deck capacity in many regions.
As the northern U.S. starts thawing out, frost laws are enacted in these areas and many shippers in these areas feel their impact.
In this episode of Beyond The Road, you'll get an overview of what the transportation industry looks like during April and what you can do to keep your shipments running efficiently this month.
Topics covered in this episode:
- The Rise of Produce Season in April
- Freight Movement In and Around California
- Weather's Impact in Spring 2023
- Produce Hotbeds: What Changes
- The Start of Quarter Influx
- Construction Season in April
- Frost Laws
- Planning for Easter
Check out some of this related content:
- The Trucking Industry in April 2023: What You Should Know
- How Location and Time of Year Impact Reefer Shipping
- What You Need to About Frost Laws This Spring
- How Does Freight Seasonality Impact Shipping Cost?